1. Admission Process
Online Placement Test
Letter of Admission
We KLEC only provide the letter of admission for D-4 visa when you register for 2 sessions.
If you plan to study one sessions only, you must either have a valid visa or be able to stay in Korea without visa.
- -A high school diploma or equivalent
- (2)Application Documents
- 1)Application form
- ※You may apply online. Please click the “Online application” icon.
- 2)Statement of purpose
- It should include reasons for application and plans after completion of the course in detail. Must be written in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese, A4 size 1 page, free format.
- 3)Resume or curriculum vitae
- It should include the applicant’s academic background and other achievements in brief. Must be written in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese, A4 size 1 page, free format.
- 4) ①Scanned documents of official certificate of graduation from the most recent school attended (in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese. If the document is in another language, translate and submit with scanned version of official certificate of graduation.)
- ②Scanned documents of official academic transcript from the most recent school attended (in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese. If the document is in another language, translate and submit with scanned version of official academic transcript.)
- ※Documents required for Chinese students (excluding students from Taiwan and Hong Kong)
- ⅰ)Scanned version of official certificate of graduation from the most recent school attended
- ⅱ)Scanned version of official academic transcript from the most recent school attended
- ⅲ)Verification of certificate of graduation: Attached after downloading the online version of Ministry of Education verification report from Verification report website www.chsi.com.cn, www.cdgdc.edu.cn (High school certificate of graduation can only be verified by www.chsi.com.cn) or notarized at notary office and verified by a Korean Consulate.
- ⅳ)For High school expected graduates (not graduates) : Scanned version of official certificate of expected graduation and general examination verification report. General examination report should be verified by Verification report website www.chsi.com.cn, www.cdgdc.edu.cn or notarized at notary office and verified by a Korean Consulate.
- ※Students from the countries notified by the Minister of Justice (Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru): Apostille of official academic transcript and certificate of graduation. If the country is not an Apostille member, then the documents should be verified by a Korean Consulate.
- 5)A copy of current passport (information page with a photo)
- 6)Application fee: KRW60,000(non-refundable)
- 7)Bank Statement (omittable if the student do not need D-4 visa)
- ①In the student’s name. If the bank statement is under parents’ name, please submit a certificate of family relationship.
- ②Above 10,000 USD, issued within 30 days
- ※In Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese. If the document is in another language, submit scanned version of notarized translation with scanned version of the original document.
- 8)This institute do not handle business for the visa application (D-4).
- Students must apply for a visa (D-4) at the Korean embassy or the immigration office by themselves.
- 9)A copy of insurance contract
- It is advised that you sign up for an insurance which covers illness, accident and death before coming to Korea.
- For those of you who arrive Korea without an insurance, our office can suggest insurance companies on your arrival.
- A copy of insurance contract must be submitted by the first week of class. If it is not submitted, your registration may be cancelled.
- ※ All documents will not be returned
- (3)How to Apply
- Applicants must apply online after signing up on the website. All documents must be scanned and attached to the online application
2. Admission Procedure
- (1)Candidates will be selected only after the required documents have been assessed. Applications received after the deadline will be considered only if vacancies remain and there is sufficient time for visa processing.
- (2)Applicants must take the online placement test during the notice period after the application deadline date. If not, they will be rejected.
- (3)Accepted applicants will be individually notified of the results via email, two weeks after the application deadline. You can also check your application status through ‘My Page’ menu. (Exceptions to applicants in January 2020)
- (4)Accepted applicants are required to pay the tuition fee by the payment deadline
- (5)Applicants who require a letter of admission should contact the KLEC office in advance.