The course consists of 4 sessions a year. Students may choose their desired sessions to begin their studies. The students will be placed in different classes based on their Korean level from 1 to 6.
※8-week, 200-hour tailored program(5 hours per day) can be opened after consultation.
1. Academic Schedule
|Session||Course duration||Application deadline||Notification of acceptance (E-mail)||Placement test|
|2023 Fall||Sep 4 - Nov 10||Jun 26(Mon)||Jul 10(Mon) 17:00||in Aug|
|2023 Winter||Dec 4 - Feb 9||Sep 20(Wed)||Oct 10(Tue) 17:00||in Nov|
|2024 Spring||Mar 4 - May 10||Dec 21(Thu)||Jan 8(Mon) 17:00||in Feb|
|2024 Summer||Jun 3 - Aug 9||Mar 25(Mon)||Apr 8(Mon) 17:00||in May|
|2024 Fall||Sep 2 - Nov 8||Jun 24(Mon)||Jul 8(Mon) 17:00||in Aug|
|2024 Winter||Dec 2 - Feb 7||Sep 20(Fri)||Oct 7(Mon) 17:00||in Nov|
※The academic schedule is subject to change due to the circumstance of SNU LEI.
※Only level 1, 2, 3 classes will be opened in Siheung Campus.
2. Course Description
- (1)Each session consists of 10 weeks, the total of 200 hours of classes.
- (2)Students meet four hours a day from Monday to Friday.
- (3)Each class consists of approximately 12~15 students.
- (4)Students may participate in various cultural experience and elective courses (Refer to the information as follows).
- (5)Morning class runs from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
오전반 수업편성 Period 1 Period 2 Period 3 Period 4 09:10 - 10:00 10:10 - 11:00 11:10 - 12:00 12:10 - 13:00
3. Cultural Activities
- -Students can understand Korean culture through various cultural opportunities along with Korean language classes from Smart Korean course.
- Students learn Taekwondo, a Korean traditional martial art.
- (2)Korean traditional percussion quartet (Samulnori)
- Students learn Korean traditional music from specialists.
- (3)Korean paper art
- Korean paper art is a type of traditional art which creates patterns on Korean paper using natural pigments. Students design their own patterns.
- (4)Korean cooking class
- Students learn how to cook Korean cuisine such as Bulgogi and Bibimbap.
- (5)A field trip to the DMZ
- Students learn about the tragic division of the Korean peninsula and North-South relationship. (This activity may change)