> Tailored Program
- 1. Malaysian Students Program
- Students on a Malaysian government scholarship study for one year and learn the Korean language skills necessary for undergraduate studies in Korean colleges. More than 490 students have participated in this program and have entered engineering schools in Korea since September 2000. The program is composed of eight month Korean language course in Malaysia under instruction by teachers from KLEC, and about four month language course plus mathematics and engineering course in Korea. Students also participate in Chinese character, pronunciation, speaking, computer classes etc.
- 2. SNU-DLI Korean Immersion Program
- KLEC is hosting the SNU-DLI Korean Immersion Program. This course is an intensive six-week language program offered exclusively for students who are studying Korean at the Defense Language Institute in the United States. KLEC provides a uniquely designed curriculum and various extracurricular activities such as cultural excursions and Korean traditional art and culture classes. In addition, KLEC also arranges a home stay program for DLI students, a one-on-one buddy system, and opportunities to mingle with other international KLEC students in order to provide DLI students with maximum exposure to Korean language and culture. This year round program was established in Autumn 2011.
- 3. IT Policy Program
- With the support of the Ministry of Information and Communication and the Ministry of Knowledge Economy, ITPP (IT Policy Program) provides international master’s and doctoral students in the Department of Industrial Engineering at SNU with Korean language and culture education. KLEC provides them with 15 weeks of regular Korean language classes in the spring and fall semesters whereas it offers special courses per language skill area along with various activities in the summer and winter. KLEC provides opportunities to learn Korean language in class to not only those graduate students in the Department of Industrial Engineering, but also their family members.
- 4. Multicultural Family Program
- A Korean language education program for marriage migrants, naturalized South Korean citizens, foreign workers, and their family members living in Gwanak-gu, the Multicultural Family Program was established on behalf of the Healthy Family Support Center in the College of Human Ecology at SNU. This program offers courses on Korean and Korean culture to help multicultural families’ adjustment to life in South Korea, and its budget is financially supported by Gwanak-gu and the SNU LEI.
- 5. Keio University Students Program
- In spring and summer, KLEC offers a three-week training courses for students who have studied Korean at Keio University in Japan. This program offers opportunities to learn Korean and experience Korean culture firsthand. Teaching assistants from Seoul National University will assist students.
- 6. The Gangnam-University of California Riverside (GNUCR) International Education Center Korean Language Program
- Seoul National University-Gangnamgu Korean Language Center was established in 2007 in order to attend to the growing need for Korean language instruction in Seoul. The center represents mutual cooperation among Seoul National University, Gangnam District Office and Gangnamgu International Education Center. Every lecture is conducted by instructors from KLEC. Students have classes two days a week with one Korean culture class a session. Anyone interested in this program may obtain more information from the homepage of Seoul National University-Gangnamgu Korean Language Center (http://www.gnucr.org/koreanpr/koreanpr01.asp).